Saturday, October 07, 2006

Shocking Lesson

There are some lessons in life that are harder to learn than others.   This lesson was learned a couple of weeks ago by Matthew.

Can Top

This is the top of a can.  So... I had a drink... and what does Matthew usually do? ...he likes to snap the flip top piece from the cans.  Their shinney... their neat.  Why not?  Well, here is one good reason for "why not?"

Item Not For Plug

So this is a picture of the flip top after Matthew decided to experiment with it.  If you look closely you will notice that it has snaped... and has some black charred sections.... what could a little four year old boy do to destroy this piece of metal?

Matthews plug

...and here is Matthew's tool of choice.  I know I have told him on several occasions that he should not play with outlets.  And that he should never stick anything in an outlet.... but I guess he did not really learn it when I told him.  He had to learn this lesson the hard way.  He was in pain... and kept shaking his hand saying it stings.... but he did not cry.  I think he was more shocked than anything else when he was thrown back from the outlet...  Thank God he is ok... and hopefully it will be awhile before he does something crazy like this again.... maybe a week or two? 


Email address is not published
Remember Me

Write the characters in the image above